The community worker will be responsible for organizing the community based activities with the active support and guidance of the project manager.
Need to be a graduate in social work.
- Responsible for identification, selection and training of the volunteer trainers and volunteer worker.
- Responsible for developing a team of volunteers for data collection and awareness creation at each village level.
- Responsible for implementing the household data collection, compliance monitoring through the volunteers.
- Establishing rapport with the Govt. and NGO official and conducting awareness meeting with them.
- Monitoring and facilitating the services of the volunteers in the villages.
- Conduct review meetings with the volunteers on a regular basis.
- Has to serve as a connecting link between the community and the primary eye health center.
- Responsible for coordinating the documentation and reporting of the field activities to the project manager.
- Conduct awareness and health education program in the villages and schools with help of volunteers and village cultural team.
- Establish good relationship with block level functionaries, panchayat leaders and communities.
- Arrange logistics for organizing school screening camp with the base hospital.
- Has to work with the communities to increase the utilization of eye care services.