Welcome to the first issue of 2021 Sitenews. We hope you have found the resources on the site to be helpful.
This month we have decided to features of Artificial Intelligence which would be great significance and useful to our readers.
John McCarthy described the term artificial intelligence in 1955 as intelligent machining and engineering. In the 1970s, the artificial intelligence (AI) research community was influenced and focused on the applications developed in the medical world. Recently AI techniques have sent vast waves across healthcare. The essence of AI usage in healthcare is to analyze relationships between prevention, treatment, and outcome of human illnesses. As per PubMed over one lakh citations are related to scientific healthcare literature with artificial intelligence, it reflects the increase in healthcare services and the quick progress of big data analytical methods have made it feasible for AI to be successful in health care services.
This issue of Sitenews gives an overview of History of artificial intelligence and usage in Healthcare and Eye Care.
Your feedback will help us improve the newsletter. Please send in your feedback at email@example.com
Thank You. Have a happy reading.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WILLS IMPACT HEALTHCARE
This article reveals how Artificial intelligence is poised to become a transformational force in healthcare. And this web link provides how providers and patients will benefit from the impact of AI-driven tools.
- AI IN HEALTHCARE
This webpage provides the use of artificial intelligence in healthcare and how AI is assist healthcare providers in patient care and administrative processes.
- THE POTENTIAL FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN HEALTHCARE
This article describes the AI key categories of applications involve diagnosis and treatment recommendations, patient engagement and adherence, and administrative activities.
- THE GREAT POTENTIAL OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
This article discussing about the potential of AI in healthcare.
- HOW ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE HELPS IN HEALTH CARE
This article gives how artificial intelligence helps in health care.
- THE GROWTH OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI) IN HEALTHCARE
This article provides the growth of artificial intelligence.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN HEALTH CARE: LAYING THE FOUNDATION FOR RESPONSIBLE, SUSTAINABLE, AND INCLUSIVE INNOVATION IN LOW- AND MIDDLE-INCOME COUNTRIES
This article propose five building blocks to guide the development and implementation of more responsible, sustainable, and inclusive AI health care technologies in low and middle income countries.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: THE FOURTH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
This article focuses the exponential growth of artificial intelligence over the past few years, and pointed out potential of bringing change in the healthcare sector, including optometry and ophthalmology as well.
- A GUIDE TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN HEALTHCARE
This website contains the guide to artificial intelligence in healthcare.
- BUILDING A COLLABORATIVE ECOSYSTEM FOR AI IN HEALTHCARE IN LOW AND MIDDLE INCOME ECONOMIES
This publication is part of the smart partnerships for Global Challenges series, focused on data and AI. The Atlantic Council GeoTech Center produces events, pioneers efforts, and promotes educational activities on the Future of Work, Data, Trust, Space, and Health to inform leaders across sectors
- 32 EXAMPLES OF AI IN HEALTHCARE THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT THE FUTURE
Artificial intelligence simplifies the lives of patients, doctors and hospital administrators by performing tasks that are typically done by humans, but in less time and at a fraction of the cost. This website gives 32 examples of AI in healthcare.
- INCORPORATING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN INDIAN HEALTHCARE
This webpage brings the latest news about artificial intelligence and deep learning technology and how it can help doctors and scientists take better decisions, believes the medical expert.
- IS AI DISRUPTING THE INDIAN HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
This article gives the details about how AI has made telemedicine and tele surgeries a reality and steadily the dynamics in the healthcare sector are evolving and also pointed out the significant increase in the number of patents filed in the healthcare sector over the last 8 years.
- INDIAN HEALTHCARE IS ALL SET TO BE TRANSFORMED BY AI
This article focuses on AI solutions for healthcare challenges in India and government initiative of AI in healthcare.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN EYE CARE
This video contains the interview with expertise, Dr. Lou Catania. He is an internationally acclaimed educator, a recognized expert in eye care, health care, artificial intelligence, and disruptive technologies in bioscience. He has authored of foundations of artificial intelligence in healthcare and bioscience.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TRENDS IN EYE CARE
This website describes the use AI-based tools in eye care practices.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
AI is poised to revolutionize medicine. This article describes an overview of the field, with selected applications in ophthalmology.
- 3 WAYS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WILL AFFECT YOUR EYE CARE PRACTICE
This article pointed out the role of Artificial intelligence in the eye care specialty.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE SET TO REDEFINE EYE CARE
This article focuses how AI support to diagnosis of retinal diseases.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, MACHINE LEARNING AND DEEP LEARNING FOR EYE CARE SPECIALISTS
This review aims to act as a primer on these technologies, with an eye towards the relevance of AI towards ophthalmology applications.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WILL CHANGE THE WAY EYE CARE PROVIDERS PRACTICE
This article gives the details on Artificial intelligence and how it useful to eye care providers.
- THE ROLE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN IMPROVING EYE CARE
This post is to highlight some roles that artificial intelligence plays in eye care and different ways they can be used to improve eye care.
- AI IN THE EYE: DRIVING SOLUTIONS FOR PUBLIC HEALTH
This articles focuses on the advancements in artificial intelligence technology are directing a new future for the profession of optometry and showing promising potential to reduce the incidence of irreversible yet preventable visual impairment and blindness worldwide, due to diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration and glaucoma.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE EQUAL TO EXPERTS IN DETECTING EYE DISEASES
This articles talks about the importance of AI software to diagnose retinal conditions in patients.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TO AID OPTOMETRY DIAGNOSIS, MANAGEMENT AND REFERRALS
The technology will combine an optometrists’ expertise with AI capabilities that analyze multiple patient eye scans and medical history data. It also aims to lead to earlier disease detection and prevention of vision loss as well as assist in patient management decisions.
- DEMOCRATIZING EYECARE IN INDIA & GLOBALLY USING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TO COMBAT BLINDNESS
This article focuses how AI, machine learning algorithm approaches in tackling blindness for detection of eye diseases.
- HOW AI BENEFITS PATIENTS AND PHYSICIANS
Ophthalmology Times introduce a blog series on artificial intelligence (AI), called “Innovations in Ophthalmology.” The first installment in this series provides an overview of AI in medicine. Look for future blogs that will delve into more specific specialties within ophthalmology.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - THE FUTURE FOR EYE CARE
Artificial intelligence (AI) has received an enormous amount of publicity in the last year. This article focuses on what does AI in ophthalmology mean and where are we in 2018.
- HOW ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE SAVE PEOPLE FROM BLINDNESS
This article pointed out how AI deployment is raising India’s sights for eradicating avoidable blindness.
- ROLE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING IN OPHTHALMOLOGY
This article deals about importance of Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in health care and pointing out how it more useful to ophthalmic field.
- AI FOR DR: “THE DIGITAL DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW”
This article provides the successful optometric practice of the future will be one that chooses to see artificial intelligence(AI).
- GOOGLE, VERILY USING AI TO SCREEN FOR DIABETIC RETINOPATHY IN INDIA
This articles focuses how the machine learning algorithm can help with screening for diabetic macular edema, a boon for patients in a country where physicians are in short supply.
- GOOGLE IS USING AI & MACHINE LEARNING TO DETECT EYE BLINDNESS; CAN IT DISRUPT HEALTHCARE FOR EVER?
Google is using their advanced AI algorithms and machine learning to detect such developments in the retina early on and alert the patient within seconds.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES IN OPTOMETRY AND OPHTHALMOLOGY
This article, cover some of the latest advancements in AI and other technologies in the eye care field.
- INTELLIGENCE MOBILE APP FOR EYE CARE PROVIDERS
RETINA-AI has developed and released the first artificial intelligence mobile app for eye care providers. The app, called Fluid Intelligence by RETINA-AI, detects macular edema and subretinal fluid on OCT retinal scans with greater than 90% accuracy, according to a company news release.
- APPLICATIONS OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN OPHTHALMOLOGY: GENERAL OVERVIEW
This article presented the basic workflow for building an AI model and systematically reviewed applications of AI in the diagnosis of eye diseases.
- SEEING AI: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED USERS
Microsoft has released a new free app for Apple’s iPhone, called Seeing AI, and it is generating a lot of interest in a short period of time.
You can also refer your friends to register with the innovative resources. Send in your friend's e-mail id to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Register my friend's id!
If you want to unsubscribe from our mailing list and from all our communications please click on the following link:
Vision 2020 e-resource team,
Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology,
1, Annanagar, Madurai - 625 020,
Tamil Nadu, India,